lisa's journeys

A record of my travels with my 2 small children and husband.

Saturday, July 24, 2004

Rough Beginings

Can one ever plan well enough when traveling with two small children?? NO!!
I am the first to admit that I am not the planning type. I may have been a decent project manager at one time - but planning a project and planning your life are two incredibly different skills - at least for me. But I was bridging this gap for this one. For a few months I had dwelled on some product choices - I had packed the kids things a few days ahead and was as ready as I could be.

In the end - we got tagged with late check in stickers and instead of the preboarding I had envisioned - we just made it. It must have been the gasping of the collective conscious at the threat of a 2 1/2 year old separated from her mother sitting next to anyone that inspired a nice young couple to give up their seats next to each other. Or maybe it was the stunned look on my face. The good news was that the portable DVD player I bought really paid off. Mimi was happily ensconced in her Dora and Elmo discs while I struggled for consciousness. And for once on my traveling life- my delerium meant that when I did ask for the time - we only had an hour to go - which meant I wasn't really awake until we landed. Not bad for a 4 hour flight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home