lisa's journeys

A record of my travels with my 2 small children and husband.

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Vondelpark

I read somewhere that traveling with children allows you to feel you are living in each place. I have to say that and being in an apartment for awhile does make it feel very real. I am even back to penny pinching which is something I do with some regularity at home.

I have been going to Vondelpark quite frequently. Today the kids even went twice- once with me and once with the sitter. There is this brilliant play area called the Milk House that also contains a restaurant so you can have a coffee while you watch your kid play. The play area is pretty sectioned off which helps as well. There are many times I have yearned for the same deal at home-causing me to dash into starbucks before heading to the local haunt.

I actually think Vondelpark could compete with central park in my heart if I was to stay here any longer. It`s not quite as grand as central park-and in fact is much smaller. But it is a very cool pÄlace to hang out. It has a couple of cafes which is brilliant and must make them money. I could see mothers and kids being all over a snackbar option at home. And just imagine a park that lets you sit at a table and drink a beer if you have had enough coffee. Because in the end- I really do think it is all about the simple pleasures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home